A tradition of quality; a legacy of environmental responsibility.
At A. Rudin, we believe that environmental responsibility can co-exist with the manufacture of furniture of the highest quality. We strive to continue to grow in our ability to protect natural resources while creating beautiful furniture for our customers. Ultimately, our goal is to become a truly sustainable organization, manufacturing exceptional products that have minimal negative impact on our natural environment.
Environmental stewardship is an important part of our culture and takes form in a number of tangible ways:
- A. Rudin receives all of our wood from North American companies that comply with strict standards of sustainable forestry and are certified by the FSC or another third-party certification body.
- Because we use no plywood, our furniture products emit minimal Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Finishing is performed in California, which imposes the most stringent regulations on finishing technologies in the U.S., limiting the use of high-VOC coatings and requiring water-based and high solid coatings.
- Dacron, is free of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and scraps are recycled.
- Down and feathers used for cushioning is washed and dried in compliance with rigorous U.S. standards. To secure the down in the cushion, we use unbleached cotton ticking grown in the U.S.
- Chemicals are not present in any of our upholstery components: wood, dacron, foam,webbing, cotton. All furniture is CAL 117-2013 compliant.
- All steel used for springing upholstered furniture is recycled.
At A. Rudin, green practices are not a trend. Sustainability is an ongoing commitment that has earned the A. Rudin factory the City of Vernon’s Solid Waste Alternatives Program (SWAP) Award for several consecutive years. We continue to consider the health of the environment in everything we make and do, from the renewable woods we procure to the efficient delivery of our furniture.